Welcome to Rocket
Please see below some amazing work the children have been doing at home.
Welcome to Bear – Summer Term 1 Distance Learning
During Covid – 19 there will be no curriculum maps published. Please use the knowledge organisers to support your child. http://www.leavesden.herts.sch.uk/curriculum/supporting-your-child/
Below is a list of learning activities and websites for you use if you need additional work to the daily email.
- Do an activity in your garden (see https://blog.kidadl.com/articles/things-to-do-in-your-garden for ideas)
- Reading to someone in your family
- Listen to someone in your family read to you
- Times Tables Rockstars / Numbots
- Go on a walk or a bike ride to get some exercise (this is still part of the government guidance but please keep checking the government website or the news for any updates on changes during the holiday)
- Follow a recipe or make a sandwich
- Thirty minutes of age-appropriate chores
- Some form of exercise (i.e. a Joe Wicks PE lesson or a yoga lesson on YouTube)
- Play a board game or a card game or do a jigsaw
- Write a letter, card or email to a friend or family member (you may wish to photograph and email the card so as to alleviate pressure on the postal service)
If you would like an alternative experience at home, you may find it interesting to visit any of the following sites:
Trip to the theatre – make sure you dress up!
Science explained – curious footage including how to cook in space!
Pop to the Zoo – don’t forget to take a picnic!